We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NBA tickets and seating

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
NBA tickets and seating

Hi all

I'm looking to purchase 4 tickets for the game on Feb.12 between the Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks at MSG through Stubhub.com. Just wondering how the rows are numbered - is row 16 closer to the court than row 24? It's hard to see on the map. I'd also like to know if this will be a 'good' game, as in competitive with the teams fairly evenly matched. I'm not familiar with the teams in the NBA, but I don't really want to see a game where one teams wins by a land slide.

Thanks

Annabel

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NBA tickets and seating

We've bought tickets for the same game from Stubhub, I'm not sure how the seat numbers work at MSG however I used the following site to look at what views I could get from the areas I was looking at.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Madison+Square+Garden/sections/

As for whether it would be a good game, can't answer that, very much in same boat as you are.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: NBA tickets and seating

The Kings are pretty awful team while the Knicks are one of the better teams in the league.

Depends on the night though. The NBA is almost impossible to predict during the regular season.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NBA tickets and seating

The lower number are closer to the court. The Kings vs the Knicks is an "eh" game. Kings aren't that good IMO. However, the atmosphere at MSG is always pretty good.....so it will be a a good experience.

If you are not that into the NBA and just want to go for the experience, I would say do it. MSG is a very cool arena and the Knicks will(or I should say should) make the playoffs. The game is at 7:30. get there early so that you can walk around inside MSG a little before the game starts...

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NBA tickets and seating

Great. Thanks.

5. Re: NBA tickets and seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:21