We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

Puerto Rico
6 posts
Save Topic
How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

I need recommendations to get from JFK airport to Grand Central! I dont want to spend much$$ in cabs. Also If someone can tell me how the subway fuctions it will be appreciated! Thanks!!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

JFK/AirTran/lirr/subway or just subway after AirTran

Puerto Rico
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

ok but i dont know anything about the subway, which i should take?

Puerto Rico
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

i can take the subway right in the airport??

New York
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

So you take the Airtrain to Jamaica Station.

At Jamaica, you transfer to the E-Train to Manhattan. You walk to this within the same station

You get off at 53rd Street/Lexington Avenue and transfer to the 6-train Downtown to Brookyln. Take it 2 stops to Grand Central Station.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
403 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

taking the air train and transferring to the etrain is easy, just follow the crowds. on leaving jfk make sure you are on the air train to jamaica and not howard beach, this will be announced over the loudspeaker.

as above take the e train to 53rd and transfer to the 6 southbound but i believe it is only one stop. do be aware that this is a long transfer between trains if you have a lot of luggage.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,233 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

You can also get off the E at Court Square and go upstairs and take the 7 train to Grand Central. The 7 is elevated (with elevators and escalators for your transfer) so you'll get a nice view of the skyline for a short while before entering the tunnel under the East River.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

The JFK AirTrain stops inside each terminal at JFK Airport. It is very well-marked and easy to find. At the station, there are digital displays and audible announcements telling you it is a Jamaica train.

Take the JFK AirTrain to Jamaica - there are uniformed people at Jamaica to help you sort out the $5.00 fare. They'll also point you in the direction of the entrance to the subway.

You'll board a Manhattan bound E train in the direction of World Trade Center. You'll transfer at Court Square from the E train to the Manhattan bound 7 train in the direction of Times Square and you'll go three stops to Grand Central.

You may find it helpful to look at the subway map on www.mta.info

8. Re: How do i gt from JFK airport to 42nd Street Grand central?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:18