We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments booked through Flipkey

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments booked through Flipkey

How does is the $10000 protection Flipkey offers for apartment booked through the Trip Advisor/Flipkey site work? Trying to find an apartment in Hells Kitchen or surrounding areas is killing me!

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments booked through Flipkey

I think you are about to get a lot of replies telling you to look on the right hand side of this page (Top Questions) and click on "Vacation apartment rentals violate NYC laws" :-)

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments booked through Flipkey

It doesn't work in NYC because they're almost all illegal. Flipkey doesn't protect you against local laws.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments booked through Flipkey

Don't risk it - apartment rentals for less than 30 days in NYC are illegal. You need an apartment style hotel.

Post your dates, number of people (adults and kids) and your budget in US dollars per night and you'll get good suggestions from the hotel experts

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,571 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments booked through Flipkey

JVD,

I advised you on the NY forum to consider options other than an apartment rental. The above advice is also good, but only if you are prepared to listen.

5. Re: Apartments booked through Flipkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:19