We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall colors

Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Fall colors

Hey everyone,

Ok, gonna check one last time, I will be there in 3 days! (finally!) How is Central Park looking as far as fall foliage? Anywhere close to peak yet?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall colors

Nothing but 50 shades of green still. Sorry

At least the entire south part

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall colors

We still have only a little Fall color in Manhattan. It usually peaks here in mid-November. Sorry. :(

If you're very keen on the fall colors and you have time, I'd suggest going up to the Cloisters, the Bronx Zoo, or the NY Botanical Garden. They are further north and usually have color sooner. It won't be peak at those places yet either, but more color than here.

Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall colors

Ok, that's ok, I know it will still be beautiful :)) So excited to be there!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall colors

I would check out the Central Park Conservancy page on FB. Even I spotted some color mid park

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall colors

Actually there are 2 trees by Bethesda Fountain across Terrace Dr that are quite nice

Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fall colors

Thanks for that advice! Will also check out Bethesda Fountain area :))

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fall colors

I take it back! It's not at peak yet, but I just crossed Central Park around 79th Street and there is a good bit of autumn color now, a lot more than a week ago. I think you'll do just fine! :)

Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fall colors

Ahhh thank you!!!

9. Re: Fall colors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:21