We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Charleston, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

My fiance and I are getting married on December 21 and are flying to NYC for our honeymoon and Christmas. We will be in town from the 22nd-29th. I was wondering if someone had any suggestions for where to eat on Christmas Eve and Day. We are from Charleston, SC so we are looking for a more traditional Christmas meal. Thanks!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

See if you can get seats at the Rock Center Cafe. These restaurants are both at rinkside &, being from the south, you'd probably find watching the skaters enjoyable.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Oops, my post should read "this restaurant." I was originally including Rock Center Cafe's sister restaurant Sea Grill in the post but then realized you asked for a traditional holiay meal & the Sea Grill is only seafood.

Sorry.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Welcome to the forum and lots of good luck on your upcoming wedding. You'll find dozens of previous posts from this year and previous years on this subject if you do a text search. But for more personal information, it would help to know what kind of place you'd like ( fancy or more casual) and what price you,d like to pay; even where you're staying or what you plan to do on those days before and/ or after. There's an Italian tradition for xmas eve called the feast of the 7 fishes and a number of restaurants serve that including most if not all of Mario Batali's places (Otto, Lupa, Babbo, Del Posto etc.)

If you want something fancy

Rivercafe.com

MIGHT be open by then ( it's been closed for over a year since the hurricane) and has fab views and very good food.

Bateauxnewyork.com

Would be another way to get views and nice food.

4. Re: Where to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:19