We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

Utica, New York
1 post
Save Topic
What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

I know most hotels you have to be 21 but it will just be me and my boyfriend going for the weekend. He is 19 and were trying to find a really affordable place to stay. Thank you

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,391 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

I can't understand why anyone is surprised that many hotels prefer to avoid any question of liability and often restrict guests so there is a 21+ person in the group. (And try renting a car under age 25 without hefty surcharges!)

…usatoday.com/minimum-age-requirement-rentin…

Leah, you should be demanding an appropriate hotel from whomever sold you the trip package

Edited: 25 October 2013, 19:24
New York
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

Additional possibilities -- all verified last week when another person had the same question (she had discovered last week that some of the hotels named in older threads now have a minimum age of 21):

* The New Yorker

* The Pod 51 and the newer Pod 39

* The Belleclaire

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

The Muse also takes peopel over 18.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

I visit NYC every couple months and now always stay at a favorite Hilton property midtown. I am always asked for a photo ID at check in. After emailing a front officer manage at that hotel on this issue I was informed that all Hilton hotels require a photo ID at check in.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

<<Leah, you should be demanding an appropriate hotel from whomever sold you the trip package>>

What do you mean by this?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

I think Kaye misunderstood and thought you had a problem after you booked a package because you were under 21. But that's not what happened, so no issue.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

Okay thanks, no I have no problem at all, just thought I would tell Real_Grenadine that I have been told you have to be over 21 or with someone over 21 to check in!!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,391 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

In posts 28 and 29 you indicated you were sold a travel package that included a hotel you were/are not able to check into because of your age, and that the seller had passport info. that would have enabled them to be aware of and avoid an inappropriate choice of lodging.

If it were me, I would be insisting that they correct the situation by finding an appropriate hotel for you.

While I am sure laws in your home country may differ, it seems that minimum due diligence on the part of the travel agent was not done. Any reputable agent should want to correct this mistake for the reputation of their customer service in nothing else.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

I am travelling with my boyfriend who is 22 so this isn't a problem for me!

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
13,391 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: What hotels will rent to a 19 year old?

I misunderstood, oops.