We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Designer shoe question!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Designer shoe question!

I am heading to NYC in December and plan to buy my first pair of designer shoes - it's a momentous occasion! Can anyone please tell me, is there a particular store that is usually cheaper or has better choice or do they all tend to be the same? I'm thinking Louboutins, Jimmy Choos, Prada (though I haven't tried or chosen any yet).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Designer shoe question!

Prices are all the same, it's inventory that may differ. You can go to the individual boutiques, or to any of the department stores: Bergdorf's, Saks, Barney's.......

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Designer shoe question!

Cheaper? Not unless you come at a time where there is a sample sale….and even if you do, it is a wrestling match once you get in to the event!

3. Re: Designer shoe question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 03:39
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,550 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Designer shoe question!

Saks starts their shoe sale in Dec. I'd head there first.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
701 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Designer shoe question!

Saks is my go-to shoe place. I love the flagship Saks on Fifth Ave. It's not only huge, but I've also always had good service there.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Designer shoe question!

Thank you all!

7. Re: Designer shoe question!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 20:05
Edited: 05 February 2014, 20:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Designer shoe question!

Is it the shoe dept in Saks that has its own postcode?

This post reminds me I forgot to visit Saks on my last visit. Another reason to return. LOL.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Designer shoe question!

Love Saks.....great suggestion.

10. Re: Designer shoe question!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 07:42