We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W Times Square Vs. Hilton Times Square

CA
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
W Times Square Vs. Hilton Times Square

We are currently planning our first trip to New York and are deciding between these two hotels. I understand that they are both in Times Square but what was wondering if anyone could tell me if they preferred one over the other. We are looking for a clean hotel with helpful staff.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,057 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: W Times Square Vs. Hilton Times Square

Clean hotel - I believe any hotel worth its salt is kept clean - friends have stayed at the W - personally not a fan of Times Square hotels, but they keep going back!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W Times Square Vs. Hilton Times Square

I have not stayed at the W, but have at the Hilton. The location of the Hilton is really, really, bad...right on frantic 42nd St.. I prefer the Hilton Garden Inn or The Muse...both in Times Square but in less hectic locations.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,399 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: W Times Square Vs. Hilton Times Square

How many of you will be in the room? I ask because the Hilton has 2 bedded rooms with 2 queen beds while the W only has 2 doubles and their rooms are quite small. Why only these 2?

new york
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: W Times Square Vs. Hilton Times Square

I have stayed at them both. Even though the W is in a very busy location, I much prefer it to the Hilton TS location. I avoid 42nd street as much as possible when I'm going to the theatre. Both hotels were clean, W is more modern but smaller rooms. I preferred the W TS. The only thing that I didn't like about the W is that (as of 2 years ago) the bathroom had a "peekaboo window" so if you don't want to put on a show for who you are sharing a room with, you needed to request a privacy curtain. I did hear that they were considering elimating this see through window but not sure if they did.

5. Re: W Times Square Vs. Hilton Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:20