We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
137 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

Visiting NYC for the Marathon this weekend. Staying in apartment in Hell's Kitchen area (around 51st and 12th).

Anyone have good recommendations for a great breakfast restaurant within a 8-10 block radius? Not worried about eating healthy the day before--looking for filling, traditional American-style breakfast!!

Also looking for ideas for a good filling dinner for Sunday evening after the race. We're not looking for fine dining, just something good in the area for myself, wife and 16 yo daughter.

Thanks in advance for any good recommendations.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

Have a look at Chelsea Grill

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,416 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

The oft posted blog by Ziggy for places in Hell's Kitchen:

http://eatingwithziggy.com/

Look in the Midtown West section ...scroll down to the Sept 7 post called Hell's Kitchen update.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

You staying in Larry Flynt's Hustler Club? Keep in mind the apt may be an illegal one, unless you are a special guest of Larry Flynt. Check out John Stewart's sign on 11th and 51st.

On the next update to the guide I will have some breakfast options. Around 4 I think, a vast improvement over the current total, Zero. But meanwhile not too far from you...

Rex on 10th - very simple. Not a lot of selection. good muffins

Bis.Co.Latte - on 10th. A small cafe/bakery specializing in Biscottis

Sullivan St Bakery - nice donuts

On 9th you have a plethora of diner type eateries that serve full breakfast. One of them is Georgios country Grill on the corner of 53rd. Unless there was an exciting soccer game the previous day, your omelette will not be overcooked.

If you are walking toward Times Square you can stop by Pick-A-Bagel on 8th.

For dinner, consider Taboon, Il Melograno, Inti (peruvian, not in the guide yet)

NYC
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

We love Hell's Kitchen on 47th and 9th, which bills itself as "progressive Mexican" (no boring chips & salsa or burritos here . . . think poached artichoke quesadillas with poblano crema and huitlacoche tamales with mascarpone) and Breeze, which is Thai-French (their wild mushroom dumplings with truffle essence have won the "best appetizer" award from Time Out mag). Have fun!!

Tracey

www.traceyg.travellerspoint.com

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
137 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

Whoa Ziggy. Down Boy. Mentioned I was travelling with my lovely spouse and teenage daughter. No illegal apartments for me. Thanks for the tips and enjoyed reading your food blog. If you ever find yourself travelling through St. Louis, PM me and I'll buy you the best and most unhealthy BLT you ever saw at Crown Candy Kitchen.

New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

If you want real New Yawk, head to the Market Diner, the late night crowd is particularly interesting.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/market-diner-new-york

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

Just my weird/sick way of warning you that the club is there and not much more. Just keep in mind. Sorry, didnt see the family mention. Around the corner on 52nd is a nice park (nice to our standards), and around the park on 54th is where I spend most of my time (not by choice - hostage like in Oldboy, aka greatest movie ever made). If you walk by the water toward 70th you will pass 2 parks with all sorts of unique art

Thanks for the BLT offer.

p.s. Hells Kitchen the restaurant is another nice option, tho I havent been in quite a while

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

Apt. Rentals for less than 30 days are mostly ILLEGAL in NYC. You have much more to worry about than where to eat!

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

The location is also totally inconvenient over on 12 th ave.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
137 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

nywhiz--You're right. 26.2 miles. Thanks for the positive response and well wishes. As well as your concern and erroneous assumption about our lodging. I only asked about places to eat.

Appreciate everyone's help.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Restaurants In Hell's Kitchen Area (Bkfst and Dinner)

IM just interested to know how you have reached the conclusion that it IS legal?