We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LGA to Manhattan traffic

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
LGA to Manhattan traffic

am meeting a group of folks in Manhattathis week--one of them said they were stuck in mid town tunnel for an hour--is there any ongoing construction work to make sure my taxi -we are heading to 53rd and 3rd,so i as thiking either triborogh or Queensborough bridge Well be arriving at 1PM at LGA

New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LGA to Manhattan traffic

The Bridge is better, which now has four or five names, and if your cab driver is experienced there is a back way through the streets that avoids the highway.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
12,530 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LGA to Manhattan traffic

Any taxi driver that takes you to 53rd and 3rd via the Midtown Tunnel doesn't know what they are doing.

The 59th street bridge is a reasonable (toll free) alternative. (Triboro is toll would be my second choice for your destination.) At 1 in the afternoon it should be relatively quick.

There are always the possibility of delays due to construction, accidents, toll booth lines and just plain heavy traffic at any access point to Manhattan. The best thing to do is check a traffic map close to the time of your trip. Map here: http://goo.gl/maps/vNk0h

Edited: 29 October 2013, 13:59
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LGA to Manhattan traffic

Thanks a lot. I've bookmarked the site

4. Re: LGA to Manhattan traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:16