We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

Hello,

I am very keen to attend at least a couple of sessions of the US Open during my August/September 2014 visit and came across Championship Tennis Tours who are offering tickets for sale already - anybody had any experience with them?

Other threads seem to say similar things about tickets not going on sale until at least April so before parting with my $$ I was interested to know how this company appear to have tickets already.

Thanks in advance.

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

I don't know anything about the tour that you mention. However, it'll be a lot cheaper if you booked these yourself. This company is a middleman that arranges all of things that you could book, for a fee.

Individual tickets aren't on sale yet. April is the presale date for USTA members. However, you can place a deposit on for ticket subscription plans. That is, if you plan on buying tickets for the entire US open or some mini plan that is available. So, these tour companies put down deposits on these ticket plans knowing in advance about how much they need based on prior experience. Also, they can later order individual tickets if necessary when people book individual tours. Additionally, any extra tickets they may have left over, they can then resell on ticket resale sites such as stub hub.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

Thanks daninny for clarifying.

Anchorage, Alaska...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

I used this service for Sony Open tickets. Service fees are high, $36/ticket and you do not see the fee cost until you have finalized the purchase. My tickets were shipped very late, less than one week ahead of dates and only after I called to check on status. They are due to arrive today but I do not have them yet. I will not use this service again and advise others to avoid them.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

I would just get them from ticketmaster direct once they are on sale

Fees of $36 are just outrageous

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

One can actually walk the one subway stop distance from hotels in Flushing to the tennis stadium if that is of any help for accommodations. The trip from Flushing to Times Square is about 30 mins on the subway.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

A guide colleague, Aaron Tabackman, is a tennis pro and NYC-licensed guide. He does tennis tours that he had described to me, though I don't remember much of what he said. He is a Guide Association (GANYC) member and can be tweeted at @aarontabackman.

Failing that, go to the GANYC web site, www.ganyc.com, and do a search for guides who do tennis tours.

7. Re: US Open - any experience with Championship Tennis Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:33