We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in NYC

Sudbury, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in NYC

Hi,

I am looking for a reasonably price hotel to stay in for 2 nights prior to flying back to the UK from JFK. I will be arriving early afternoon on Friday 22nd November and flying out late afternoon Sunday 24th November. As a first timer to NYC I wanted to take in as many of the sights as possible in the short time I have so a hotel close to Manhattan or subway stations would be beneficial. I only have limited funds so looking for a reasonably price place to stay that is clean and tidy. Does anyone have any recommendations? Many thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in NYC

what is your nightly budget in dollars?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in NYC

Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, hotel.com

Input location, date n c what u can afford

Sudbury, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in NYC

Hi,

my budget is about $150 per night.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in NYC

look at Long Island City in Queens

Your budget is low for November as it is an expensive time

Sudbury, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in NYC

Many thanks for your advice

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in NYC

Actually, hotel prices for your dates aren't bad. In Manhattan, you could stay at the Travel Inn for $135. That's a rate with free cancellation on Kayak.com. Kayak also has the Belnord for $134, again with free cancellation.

For just a little bit more, a much nicer choice would be Renaissance New York Hotel 57. You can get one of their "cozy rooms" (which are probably super small) for $159/night. This is also through Kayak.com, linking to the hotel's own website. Free cancellation up to one day before your arrival.

Take a look at reviews and photos on TA. You might book something immediately while you decide. You can always cancel it.

All of these prices are excluding tax, which will add ~15% to the cost.

Sudbury, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in NYC

Many thanks for the info Christnp2. It very useful. Planning on booking something this weekend. I would ideally like to stay in Manhattan as having only Friday afternoon and all day Saturday I have a lot of sight seeing to do in a short time! Any suggestions on the best way to get to JFK Airport on Sunday? Would the Subway be the best and cheapest method?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in NYC

airtrain/subway is a great way of getting from jfk to your hotel

Sudbury, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in NYC

Many thanks LMV. Do you know a rough idea how long it takes by Airtrain/Subway to get to JFK?

10. Re: Where to stay in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 06:18