We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

Leaving tomorrow and flying to London from Glasgow, then heading to NYC Tuesday morning... What weather am I packing for? Reading online and from friends opinions it is usually really cold this time of year, but I've been checking weather forecasts and it doesn't seem to be as cold as I was expecting? Or am I wrong?! Help! Thanks :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

Check www.ny1.com and pack accordingly; just as you would where you live in the same weather. Do bring good, worn comfortable shoes!

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

The core of the cold weather is from mid-December through the end of February. The first half of November isn't *that* cold - it certainly isn't beach weather but it isn't the cold you seem to be thinking.

By Wednesday and Thursday, you may just need a very light jacket in the afternoon. Tuesday and Friday will be considerably colder. Wednesday and Thursday may be quite mild.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

MoreFFmiles is correct tomorrow and Tuesday cold, Wednesday and Thursday in the 60'sF - Fri/Sat colder again so says the forecast in today's NYTimes......

4. Re: Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 22:30
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,121 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

Today, November 7 is actually quite wet. However, the OP must be here now and if she/he hasn't packed up for it, very easy to buy an umbrella. In a pinch, there are hawkers on every street corner peddling $5 ones.

6. Re: Leaving Tomorrow - Packing for what weather??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 06:18