We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Central Park / Times Square

los angeles
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Topic
Hotel near Central Park / Times Square

I will be in NY in January 2013 with my gf. We are in our early thirties and would like some hotel recommendation near this area. We prefer hotels that are above 3 stars that range from $160 to $200 a night with some bars / restaurants nearby. Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Central Park / Times Square

Central Park is not near Times Square. You will need to pick 1 if you must. Why the need for these 2 areas?

los angeles
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Central Park / Times Square

These are the only areas i know around NY and i thought it was a good area that is lively. Which area do you think is better? Central Park or Times Square area? I would like an area with some good restaurants / bars so we can relax after the usual NY first timer sight seeing. Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Central Park / Times Square

anywhere is better than times square in my view

you will have lots of options in Jan as its the cheapest month

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,971 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Central Park / Times Square

The best area for restaurants and bars for 30 somethings is the lower east side/east village. Hotels in that area that might fit your budget are the Wyndham Garden Inn Chinatown, Holiday Inn Lower East Side and the East Houston Hotel. Times Square is much more touristy, but if you want to stay there, there should be no shortage of hotels from which to chose. The Park Central is inbetween TS and Central Park and recently renovated so not a bad option. The Sheraton Times Square is also in that area and relatively recently renovated. I wouldnt be in a rush to book anything that's not cancelable. Jan. is a great time for hotel bargains. Sites like

Travelzoo.com

Will have deals, but it's too early for posting for Jan. If you want to book something now that's cancleAble, that's a good plan.

5. Re: Hotel near Central Park / Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:18