We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

Middlesbrough...
3 posts
Save Topic
authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

Hi we are in NYC in a few weeks and wanted to know where the best place to have breakfast would be to experience a proper NYC diner. Also i am planning on watching an NFL game, where's the best place to watch and have a few beers, with a good atmosphere ? ideally not too far away from the hotel.

Cheers

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

What game are you looking to watch? Every bar doesn't play every game so if you are a fan if a specific team, I can recommend a bar.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
325 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

Not to hijack your post, but I'm staying not far from where your hotel is [The Milford], and I was wondering the same,

Also was wondering if there were any local deli's around where might also be good to grab breakfast/lunch

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

The Westway Diner is pretty close to your hotel. It's not the best breakfast in the area but will give you the experience you want. Cafe Edison inside the Edison hotel is another option. Evergreen Diner on west 47th and Fluffy's Cafe have better food, but don't have the look I think you want.

Middlesbrough...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

Thanks for your response.

It would be week 13, Sunday 1st Dec. 8.30pm ET - Giants vs Redskins on NBC.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Middlesbrough...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

Thanks nywhiz

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

New York is not really famous for its diners. New Jersey is. New York is much more known for its coffeeshops and delis, which would be known as diners in other parts of the US. While we do have some 50's style diners (Big Daddy's, Ellen's, ) I wouldn't call any of them 'authentic'. Think of them as movie sets with food. For REAL New York City diners, check out these places: gothamist.com/2013/02/27/the_best_diners_in_…

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,547 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

Scottys is a good NYC diner. The food and atmosphere are, I believe, what you are looking for. Try the pancakes and french toast....

8. Re: authentic 50's diners and sports bars near distrikt hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:18