We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to go ice skating?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to go ice skating?

Where is the best place to ice skate - Bryant Park, Rockafeller Centre or Central Park and at what time of day? Girlfriend and I will be in NY Weds night until Sun morning early hours and would like to go for an hour.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
325 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

Hi, although I'm not a local, I've been looking into this myself and I find Bryant park best

For myself my mum and my sister in the Rockefeller or Wollman it is coming out $80 or $90 which is way too much

After looking into Bryant park it is only $45 for three of us for unlimited skating it seems. The other places charge a hefty enough admission fee, then charge again for skate rental. Where as Bryant only charge skate rental. It is also open till 12am ost nights from what I can see. It is also only a block from Times Square, so I'm taking advantage and walking back to my hotel [The Milford on 8th Ave.] through times square at night

We're doing NY on a budget somewhat, so this may be irrelevant to you, but cost is definitely a deciding factor for me

The only thing is, on the other rinks you'd get the views etc. but in my opinion Bryant looks 'cosy' if that makes any sense

The rink is still decent size, but it's surrounded by some markets and shops and things which look nice to me

But that's just my opinion (:

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

Yes cost is important ish & read that at Bryant Park they'll have Christmas markets & stalls so will be nice. But then I read that there are better views for the others, saying that though we've got loads of sightseeing things to do already so not sure we need the photo opportunities for this.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

If you want to go Ice Skating cheap, there is a rink in Flushing Meadow park.its indoors so there isnt much to see and its mostly kids there (Locals)

http://www.worldice.com/

You need to take the 7 train to Citifield in Queens and walk about 10 mins to get to it

NY, NY
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

Here is a good article on the various ice skating rinks in NYC.There is a new one in Battery Park.

mommypoppins.com/ny-kids/5-best-ice-skating-…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

.. you may want to check out the 2nd rink in Central Park:-) Lasker Rink overlooking Harlem Meer in the North part of the park only charges $7.50 p/p adult;-) Best.. and EnJOY all!

spain
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

Wollman Rink (Central Park) and Sky Rink (Chelsea Piers) are my favorite ice skating places to go. But to look for the best place, you can check reviews on ice skating rinks.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

Hi,

The first time I went to New York at Christmas was Dec 2010 and I skated at the Wollman Rink in Central Park. I was extremely rusty, but I managed to stay upright and I fulfilled a lifelong dream by skating there. Maybe it was because of watching too much Serendipity, who knows, but the feeling was awesome and I had a huge smile on my face all the way round at the realisation of where I was and yes, the views are amazing! In 26 sleeps we go back to New York and I get to do it all again!! Yay!

Wherever you skate, enjoy!

8. Re: Best place to go ice skating?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:18