We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Cloisters Museum/i-87?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near Cloisters Museum/i-87?

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother the group mind one last time, but I'll be booking a hotel Friday night before going to a photographer here (www.jordanmatter.com/faq/directions.php). He says it's next to the Cloisters Museum.

I was all set to stay in New Jersey overnight, and had asked about the wisdom of crossing the George Washington Bridge on Saturday morning, but my husband said that last time, we successfully took the i87 into New York, which is a slightly different route.

Some people had suggested we stay in Yonkers or Tarrytown, which definitely looks farther away from the photographer than Fort Lee, NJ, but I thought I'd try asking one more time before doing the New Jersey thing.

Many thanks,

Melissa

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,426 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Cloisters Museum/i-87?

You're *inches* away from the GWB. Fort Lee feels best to me.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,799 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Cloisters Museum/i-87?

I was just at the Cloisters last week. There are no hotels nearby. The i 87 bus doesn'y go into Manhattan as far as I see

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0087.pdf

There is a bus fom Ft. Lee into Manhattan, but my recollection is using that bus requires crossing a big highway with no lights on the return.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
16,126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Cloisters Museum/i-87?

If you mean highway I-87, that is the route suggested in your other thread that will take you across the Tappan Zee into Westchester, to around Tarrytown / Yonkers.

Around here the distance in miles can sometimes have very little to do with travel time, especially with a bottleneck area.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Cloisters Museum/i-87?

Thanks, everyone!

5. Re: Hotels near Cloisters Museum/i-87?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:16