We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Circle Line vs. Statue Cruises

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Circle Line vs. Statue Cruises

A friend and I are narrowing our plans for five days/four nights in NYC beginning Thanksgiving day. We would very much appreciate opinions on the virtues of these two options for seeing Lady Liberty (and others that we may have missed). All else being equal (and we know it is not), which would you recommend?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Circle Line vs. Statue Cruises

I have done both and they're completely different types of cruises.

The Circle Line Cruise takes you past the SoL as part of a cruise around Manhattan.

The Statue Cruise takes you *to* the SoL and Ellis Island.

If you don't want to visit the island and you're happy just to 'see' the SoL, I would do a Circle Line Cruise. My bf and I did a semi-circle cruise earlier this year and really enjoyed it. It gets close enough to the SoL to get some good photos.

If you want to visit the island and see the SoL right up close, then going with Statue Cruises is the way to do it.

Mentioned in this post
Ellis Island
Ellis Island
6,424 Reviews
New York City, NY
2. Re: Circle Line vs. Statue Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:18