We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New york at christmas.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New york at christmas.

Hi, I’m looking to book a holiday to new York for Christmas week next year. There are 3 adults and a 12 year old, would you recommend 2 hotel rooms or an apartment? I realise going at Christmas is the most expensive time to go however What hotels or apartments (3* above) would you recommend at a reasonable price in or very near time square. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New york at christmas.

Christmas itself is not that expensive. Just avoid the dates around NYE and it is a fairly reasonably priced time to visit.

Steer clear of apartment rentals (most are not legal to rent) but there are apartment style hotels.

Affinia.com hotels

Salisbury

Beacon Hotel

Best Western Hospitality House

Radio City Apartments

Marmara Hotel

Kimberley Hotel

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New york at christmas.

Agree that Dec. 18-27 or 28 are not that expensive. Whether to get 1 space for the 4 of you or 2 rooms is really down to personal preference, how many beds you need and budget. 2 rooms will give you 2 bathrooms. 2 bedroom suites in legal suite hotels tend to be expensive and not all of those have 2 bathrooms.

radiocityapartments.com

is typically the cheapest 2 bedroom suites but they only have 1 bathroom as far as I know.

nycsalisbury.com

has 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites but I believe you have to email or phone for rates for those.

There's no need to be "very near Times Square" to have a nice trip. In fact, many would say at that time of year, it's best not to be in that area as it's extremely crowded, very touristy and can be somewhat overwhelming.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New york at christmas.

thankyou

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,037 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New york at christmas.

Reading your post, you say NEXT year. So, Christmas 2014? If so, it's too early to book hotels. You can look at prices this year for some estimate of what to expect next year.

5. Re: New york at christmas.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:20