We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
468 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

Hello all. From reading the multitude of posts about prebooking the TOTR & the 9/11 memorial (apologies if I have used incorrect terminology) I need some clarification please. Should I book these things before I arrive in NYC or will it be ok to do it once I am on the ground over there? We arrive 13th December.

Also - slightly off this subject - how much time should we allow to visit the memorial? (I know, this question is probably equivalent to 'how long is a piece of string?') The reason I ask this is that we have a 2pm tour booked for the Woolworth's building on one of the weekends & I wondered if it was feasible to maybe book the memorial visit that morning? Do tours operate on Sundays?

Thanks for any input. Cheers

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

Book TOTR when you arrived in the City - weather conditions should dictate your date of visit.

Spend as much or little time at the memorial.....no one is timing you!

St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

This post helped me also. Thanks!

Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

I was also wondering about pre-booking tickets for the above-we land a day before you :)

I think we are going to pre-book the memorial pass possibly if our itinerary allows for it. Have you put together an itinerary for your trip? I would be quite curious to see it if you do!

Shika

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
293 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

I wouldn't pre book it, just go on the day (depending on the weather) and you should be fine.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

Hi, I've just pre booked before we arrive on New Years Day. I got open tickets so we can go when we want just need to wait in line. They are valid until May next year I think. Didn't see much point booking a certain time in case the weather is too bad. We want to go on New Years Day, and im sure we will even if the weather isn't great as we have been before, we tend to us the TOTR as a HELLO NEW YORK CITY thing. Also book 9/11 memorial before.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

I booked both and also ESB too but for ESB & TOTR I selected the open tickets so we can be flexible about when we go!

7. Re: Do I book for TOTR etc before I leave or when I get to NYC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:18