My boyfriend and I will be visiting NYC for the first time December 15th-22. Since we have never been I thought I would get some feedback! Side note, we are in our twenties and are very flexible! We aren’t just stay in Time Square type people and want to explore the entire city. I’m open to any suggestions!
1. We are pretty set on seeing the Christmas Spectacular. We have been thinking about The Nutcracker or Annie? Anyone have one they love more than the other?!
2. We figured we would just eat wherever we landed in the city for breakfast and lunch, but I did have some ideas for dinner. I just thought I’d see if anyone loves any of these or if they were stay away places!
Via della Pace
One night we would like to have a nicer meal (not $400 nice, but around $150). The other nights just average! We both like interesting places with a good vibe. We aren’t so into chain restaurant type places. If anyone has a favorite, feel free to let me know!
3. I would love to visit some locally owned clothing boutiques anywhere in the city (with decent prices).
4. Ok, we are from the south. I’m not used to such cold weather! I don’t want to stick out like a tourist, but I want to make sure I’m comfortable enough to walk around the city! I plan on bringing my wool coat (it hits mid thigh), several pairs of leather boots, a raincoat and rain boots, a variety of sweaters, scarfs, hats, and mittens, and my cuddle duds (long underwear). Would this be sufficient?
5. We are also looking for places to have a drink or glass of wine late at night. Local, small places and then maybe somewhere with a view.
Thank you in advance! I have learned so much from other TripAdvisor posts and I’m so ready to get this vacation started!