We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch on New Years Day

St John's
7 posts
Save Topic
Brunch on New Years Day

Hey there

I'm visiting NYC for the first time at the end of December. Looking for a great restaurant for brunch on New Years Day. Any suggestions?

tia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,102 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

The two restaurants we prefer for New Year's Day brunch are Balthazar's in Soho or any of the Sarabeth's. Don't know where you will be staying, but for the later, probably the Central Park South would work best for you.

St John's
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

Thanks for the suggestions - both look delicious! Sarabeth's may be a good option because we'll probably spend some time in Central Park on Jan 1 if the weather is good. I'm guessing that most things in the city will be closed on New Year's Day (but I'll have to check on that :-)

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

You'd be surprised at all there is to do New Years Day.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

>> the city will be closed on New Year's Day (but I'll have to check on that :-)<<

Haven't you heard the phrase 'the City that never sleeps?

NYC is never "closed"!

My dear scrunchin - you're not in Kansas anymore!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

The two really big holidays for widespread closures are Thanksgiving and Christmas. Lots of things are open for New Years Day, even some museums (e.g. AMNH, MoMA, The Met is closed), big department stores (Macy's, Bloomingdales), and lots of other options.

New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

New York is a city of immigrants and entrepreneurs and there are all sorts of stores and restaurants open on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

St John's
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

too funny...nope I guess not in Kansas anymore! (or in Newfoundland, Canada)!

This is great to know - I would have thought most things would be closed so great to know that isn't the case. Thanks again!!

8. Re: Brunch on New Years Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:18