We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Christmas 2013

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
NYC Christmas 2013

Hi All, my wife and I are spending a week in NYC (staying @ Times Square) over Christmas. It will be our first trip to NYC.

We have searched the forums and got some really good advice that has been a great help.

We will be doing the usual tourist things over the holiday season, and I'm really looking for some advice on where would be a great place to have Christmas Day dinner.

One place that keeps coming up is Friend of a Farmer?

We aren't really looking for a high end restaurant, more a great atmosphere and authentic Christmas dining experience,

We are planning on seeing Jersey Boys. Would you reccomend to do this Christmas Eve or Christmas Day??

In addition if anyone has any other tips/info that may be of use, please let us NYC newbies know?

Also thinking about Taxis? Are they expensive? Say a 10 minute trip?

Thanks in advance for any info recieved, and seasons greetings to you all!!

James & Debbie

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Christmas 2013

Taxis aren't expensive, but don't rely in then to get around. The subway is cheap, fast and efficient. Get a 7 day Metrocard. It's a bargain.

I would pick the Radio City Christmas Spectacular for Christmas Day. Very festive! But Jersey Boys is very popular too.

Other options for Christmas dinner are Rock Center Cafe and the Bryant Park Grill.

Edited: 17 November 2013, 14:52
2. Re: NYC Christmas 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 05:17