We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided tours East Coast USA

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Guided tours East Coast USA

My parents are visiting NYC for 1 month in April 2014 staying with family so the NYC component is all taken care of. They want to leave NYC for about 7 or 8 days. They are aged mid 70s and prefer guided tours these days. They like good food and seeing the sights. They have never been to East Coast USA and possibly won't again. Any recommendations on guided tours? Thanks!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided tours East Coast USA

A cruise along the New England Coast might be ideal for them. I'm just not sure if they are available in April.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided tours East Coast USA

Most of the east coast tours are designed for non English speakers, many Asian, and are covering too much territory in too little time.

Roadscholar.com

For seniors is one idea.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided tours East Coast USA

Actually, COSMOS, GLOBUS and ARCHERs do East Coast tours that cater specifically to English speaking middle age to senior clientele. Most folks are from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. You will find some from the US. I have not taken any of their tours but I work doing airport meet and greets and occasional City tours during their season March-October. I am amazed at the number of people I meet who are repeat customers and the folks I've dealt with at the end of their tours are more than still talking to their fellow tour customers.

4. Re: Guided tours East Coast USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:17