We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

london,uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

Five nights. On arrival we will book into the hotel in Chelsea then a quick walk to the Levi shop as I'm not taking too much. Jeans bought we are walking the Highline and just pottering around the area. That night we will go to a roof top bar either 230 5th or the Standard and then an early night.

Friday the Tennement museum and Katz for lunch. I was thinking of either staying around the LEC or getting the metro to Brooklyn to see Janes carousel and grabbing some pizza then walking back over Brooklyn Bridge. Back to hotel to freshen up and then well, we have no plans (help!)

Saturday is probably the bus, the uptown loop. I want to see the Apollo and abit of Harlem. What's good to go and see in that area after? We are totally free and in the evening would like a good pub with some music. I was thinking going to the met and Central Park once we get off the bus.

Sunday is Williamsburg flea market. What else is good to go to afterwards in that area? We are totally free.

Monday I'm taking off on my own. Was thinking the Frick collection, seeing some shop windows, would like to see some ice skating and Christmassy things. Monday night is Vanguard Village and Minetta Tavern for a late dinner. It's our last night so would like to go to a nice bar near the Chelsea Pines.

Tuesday is totally open and we fly home that night.

I've been twice before and see all the main sights, my friend has been even more times. Please feel free to fill in any obvious gaps. I do feel that we are being abit laid back about it all!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,462 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

I hope you're bringing some sort of jeans/slacks. What if the new jeans need shortening or you don't find what you want? I think you may want/need something nicer than jeans to go to the Standard.

For Friday, since you're going to Williamsburg on Sunday, why not wait to do the Brooklyn Bridge walk and the park then after the flea? On Friday afternoon, you might enjoy shopping around the LES or the village or Soho. For Fri. night, what about a comedy club or an off Broadway show?

For Sat. in Harlem, see if you can get a reservation for brunch at the Red Rooster or Amy Ruth's. Not sure how you plan on doing Central Park and the Met and go to a pub? It gets dark at like 4:30 now so you have to do the park in daylight. The Met is open til 9 on Sat. nights.

For Sun., as I said, I would save the BB walk and the BB park/carousel for while you're over there. You may or may not feel like walking around Williamsburg after the flea.

For Mon. the Frick is CLOSED on Mondays.

frick.org

london,uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

Thank you so much for that info. The Frick is top of my list. So we will go to janes and walk over the bridge on the Sunday. Because the bus finishes at the Met I was thinking to go in then but I will do that and Central Park another day. I love the thought of a comedy night do annoyed I've missed the festival. Would've loved to see Larry David. Actually, where is the Seinfeld diner? Just to see the outside.

london,uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

Oh, I am packing a couple of dresses. I bought Levis last time so I know they will fit. They are such a bargain there's no point in taking my old ones.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,462 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

They used Tom's restaurant on the upper west side as the shot of the Seinfeld diner on the outside. You'll probably pass it if you do the uptown bus loop. Here are some other Seinfeld locations

guestofaguest.com/new-york/television/top-te…

Have a look at the Comedy Cellar to see who's there.

london,uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

How's the weather at the moment? It's about 7 degrees here. I don't know whether to pack a hat and scarf or just to but then there if needed.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

Check the weather on www.ny1.com (our local 24 hour news station; has weather forecasts as reliable as anywhere else)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,462 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

You need to be prepared for anything from 35f-57f according to the weather channel. Current prediction is rain for Sat., cold and windy Sun. ( so walking the bridge on Sun. May not be a good idea). But the rest of the time you're here, pretty nice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,462 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

Bring the hat, gloves, scarf etc. unless you need new ones. You DO need a warm coat.

london,uk
Level Contributor
590 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

Got the coat and thermals will probably buy the rest there. How handy is an iPad to bring do you think?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,462 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One more sleep to go! Itinery is looking abit open.

I love mine. Takes great photos at the minimum and you can check emails and do searches if you have wifi. If your hotel doesn't have free wifi, any Starbucks has it and there are plenty of other hotspots. You just have to be careful about not dropping it or losing it.