We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation please and thank you

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation please and thank you

Hello,

I am looking for a hotel recommendation for one night for Sunday December 15th. We need two beds. We would like to stay under $300 a night. We would like to do the Christmas store window walk, skate at Rockefeller Center or Bryant Park, see the tree etc. I would love a recommendation for a hotel. Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

Skating in Central Park is the best.;). Biggest rink and prettiest setting.

But to answer your question, the Park Central is showing a rate of $240 plus tax for a room with 2 double beds on travelocity, fully cancelable. They also have rooms with 2 queen beds for $270 plus tax if there are more of you. The hotel was just renovated and is in a great location near Central Park, Rockefeller Center and Bergdorfs. Closer to Bryant Park, the Affinia Shelburne is $229 for 2 beds also on Travelocity. (Always worth checking the hotels' own sites too).

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

Any hotel that charges $300 per night is fine with everybody. It's easy to find one that expensive. Just pick any 4-start or 5-stars off 5th Avenue in the 40s or 50s (street numbers).

Most hotels are between $225 and $325, so go for that top end and look at the reviews in TripAdvisor.

Pick any very good hotel with a street number below 100, like for example 63 E. 53 St. or 31 W. 51 St. Then you are really close to 5th Avenue which divides east from west.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

Staybridge Suites on W40th between 8th and 9th Aves has a King room for $171.00 p/n plus tax. For a Queen bed and a View it's $189.00 p/n plus tax. All rooms have a kitchenette. It's very handy located to everything in midtown and excellent subway access. Good food is very close on 9th Ave. The hotel also has a free hot and cold breakfast.

Edited: 22 November 2013, 22:24
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,612 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

I should have read your question much more closely!

For 2 Double Beds and a View it's $225.00 p/n plus tax. The free breakfast still applies ;-)

And free wifi in all rooms.

Edited: 22 November 2013, 22:30
Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

How many people will stay in the room? Some hotels charge extra beyond 2 people staying.

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

Hi, thanks for the responses. There are just two of us (friends) going for a quick Christmas trip.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

The more I look, the more options I see. But several mentioned here are further west than you need to be. Even theCrown Plaza in Times Square will fit the budget. You can pay a lot less at say the Hilton Garden Inn on west 35 st., especially if you prepay. That's also not a bad location. I also note some complaints about continuing construction at the Park Central and slow elevators.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

There is actually a lot of options in midtown walkable to the Rockefeller center that i'm seeing in the 200 range.

Edited: 22 November 2013, 23:35
9. Re: Hotel recommendation please and thank you

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:16