We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to 58th Street

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
JFK to 58th Street

What is the easiest way to get from JFK to the Hudson Hotel on 58th Street using train/subway? Found a really good post on this a while back and I can't find it now!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to 58th Street

You can take the air train to the Howard beach station and then take the A train to Manhattan and get off at 59th street and walk the 2 blocks to your hotel.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,893 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to 58th Street

It might be quicker to take the AirTrain to Jamaica and get the E train to 7th Avenue. Change there for the uptown B or D one stop to the same 59th Street/Columbus Circle station mentioned by Brooklyn11218.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to 58th Street

The Hudson Hotel (fun!) is one block from subway stop at Columbus Circle, not two. Probably "E" train to 53rd St/transfer one stop to Columbus Circle (59th St, but main exit is on W. 58th ST.).

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,893 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to 58th Street

There are three different E train stops along 53rd Street - Lexington Avenue; Fifth Avenue; and 7th Avenue. The only place to transfer to get to Columbus Circle is at the 7th Avenue stop.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to 58th Street

Why transfer trains when you can take the A train to 59th street and walk the 2 blocks?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,311 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to 58th Street

Taking the A train is around 1.5 hours per Hopstop, I would think the E train route with transfer would be much faster. Depends on the OP's subway savvy.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to 58th Street

To the OP. Look at the MTA NYC subway map and make your descion. I have traveled this route as a NY resident and would not not want to change trains for a 2 block walk. Either choice you choose you will still get there. PS Hop stop is not always correct especially if there is track work on the subways.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK to 58th Street

The fastest way is actually to take the JFK AirTrain to Jamaica - jump on the Long Island Rail Road right into NY Penn Station and then get the uptown A or C train to 59th St / Columbus Circle.

Alternatively, if you don't want to pay the additional fare for the Long Island Rail Road, simply take the JFK AirTrain to Jamaica and get the Manhattan bound E train in the direction of World Trade Center and make a simple cross platform transfer at 7th Avenue to the uptown B or D train to 59th St. / Columbus Circle.

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK to 58th Street

Fun!?! Is that a good fun or a bad fun?

When I was in NYC last year I travelled with people who stayed there and I know they are TINY! We only switched 2 days ago, and travel on Tuesday! Trivago emailed us a deal and the Hudson came out £300 cheaper than what we were paying!

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: JFK to 58th Street

Thanks for all your help everyone!