We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage and Miscellenous !

Surat, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage and Miscellenous !

I will be arriving JFK airport at 18:30 and then have next flight to Knoxville, TN next day early morning. Can I put my luggage in locker, roam around the city and then to be back in airport at late night?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,377 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

http://www.schwartztravel.com/ provides this service, but they are only open until 11:00 pm.

Your best bet would be to use a luggage storage facility right at JFK. Here is a list: www.jfk-airport.net/luggage-storage.html Be sure to check their hours of operation to make sure you can retrieve your luggage for your early morning flight.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,421 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

Where are you planning on actually spending the night?

Surat, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

May be at the airport itself ! Is it safe?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,421 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

I am not sure if the terminals are open.IN fact, I am pretty sure they are not. Maybe terminal 4 BUT there is no place to sit BEFORE security and you will not be able to check in the night before. ( and I doubt you are departing from there anyway)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

Check www.sleepinginairports.net for all you need to know.

Surat, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

I have seen that, kateoz (btw, thanks) and that only gave me idea to sleep at airport.

Any idea how long it can take to complete with I94 and other procedures?

Surat, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

rdglady, I am getting confused. since this website sleepinginairports suggests that 'Airport Hours: 24 hours' and your personal experience is something else, does anyone else know about this?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,421 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

I still believe that the terminals close at night except for Terminal 4. It is important to remember that the great amenities mentioned in sleepinginairports are generally AFTER security. The review of Terminal 4 is out of date. The food courts etc. are now after security. The only place to sit before security is the floor--believe me, we sat there.

Terminal 5 is Jet Blue. Go to their website, look at a map. Again EVERYTHING is AFTER security.

What airline are you flying domestically?

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

I'm not sure what terminal we flew into (Delta flight from Detroit), but there were a ton of people sleeping airside in whatever terminal it was (maybe someone knows - this was last summer). However, once you got out of the secure area, there were a few chairs at baggage claim, but nowhere comfortable. We ended up on the floor as we didn't get there until early AM (2:30, 3:30, can't recall exactly). We originally intended to stay at a hotel, but couldn't figure out how to get to one at that hour. If they see you sleeping on the floor near 1st and business class check in, they'll make you move, so sleep on the side for the economy peons. ;-)

Surat, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage and Miscellenous !

Thanks to rtglady and btgm. My problem is solved.