We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab or sedan to Newark airport Hertz car rental office

London, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
cab or sedan to Newark airport Hertz car rental office

Hi need to rent a car. Trying to decide whether to rent near the Westin Grand Central or take a taxi out to Newark. We are travelling on to Philadelphia. Any thoughts appreciated, and particularly want to be sure that yellow cabs are happy to go out to NJ,

many thanks

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab or sedan to Newark airport Hertz car rental office

I would just take Amtrak between the 2. You could be in Philly on Amtrak by the time you get your rental car.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,753 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab or sedan to Newark airport Hertz car rental office

I am going to agree with Aerules. A few years ago I spent two nights in Philly. Since I live in Queens, and own a car I drove. When I got to the hotel I parked the car in their garage. I did not take it out until I was ready to return home to Queens. You do not need a car there.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab or sedan to Newark airport Hertz car rental office

Amtrak is definitely the way to go.

If you need a car in Philadelphia, Hertz (and others) have a location inside the 30th Street Station (main) Philadelphia train station.

Hertz also has a convenient location in Hoboken NJ not far from the PATH station.

The Hertz location at Newark Airport is massive and it isn't easy to reach - you can't just drive there. You have to take AirTrain Newark from the terminals. You might as well take NJ Transit / AirTrain Newark rather than a taxi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cab or sedan to Newark airport Hertz car rental office

Thanks, Great suggestions - will look into prices etc.

5. Re: cab or sedan to Newark airport Hertz car rental office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:17