We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Different / best boat tours

Schwandorf, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
Different / best boat tours

Hi folks,

I'm travelling to NYC next saturday and first want tp say that this forum is a marvel, and after spending lots of hours reading different topics I feel well prepared for my first trip over the great pond.

Now to my question: There are some different options to visit lower Manhatten / go by the Statue Of Liberty by boat. I have no real interest to hop off at Liberty Island or Ellis Island. But I would like to go reasonably close by to have a nice view. Also, I'd like to have some nice skyline views of lower Manhattan.

Have some of you done multiple of the different options (circleline, watertaxi, etc) and can give advice what is a "better" experience (I know that also differs by taste). Or would it even be good enough to just hop on the the Staten Island ferry?

Thanks a lot! And I can hardly wait for my trip to finally start. :)

Martin

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Different / best boat tours

Gruss Gott Martin - I have been to Schwandorf many years ago when I was with the U.S. Army in Herzogenaurach, it is a very lovely town!

So, NYC - I suggest you take a Circle Line boat tour which goes around the island of Manhattan and offers you to see many famous sites.

Staten Island Ferry is really not a sightseeing vessel - it is more for public transportation.

I think you will enjoy the Circle Line tour.

Wiedersehen!

Poppa

Edited: 01 December 2013, 18:18
2. Re: Different / best boat tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:17