We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

Littleborough...
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

Staying at the Yotel 47th and 10th, arriving NYE at hotel Round 2pm. Will I get caught up in any road closures etc. Will be making my way from Penn Station to the hotel?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
YOTEL New York
YOTEL New York
11,659 Reviews
New York City, NY
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

Not if you head west and stay west. Were you planning to walk, take the subway or get a cab from Pnen Station to the Yotel?

Mentioned in this post
YOTEL New York
YOTEL New York
11,659 Reviews
New York City, NY
Littleborough...
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

Walk or get the subway............which line is it and what stop would I get off......I haven't printed off or studied the subway map yet.

Thanks

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
18,109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

Subway map here: http://www.mta.info/maps/submap.htm

Map here: http://goo.gl/maps/m3cca (click on options at left of the google map to see directions for different methods of getting there. A cab won't cost that much, esp. if you have a lot of luggage. If you choose a cab, go out the 8th Avenue side of the train station and the cabs there will be headed uptown, in the direction of your hotel.

For your afternoon/evening activities, assuming you are not going to try to see the ball drop, you will want to avoid the areas between 6th and 8th Avenues from about 40th up to 59th Street.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

To add to what Kaye said, if you do head out in the PM, I would plan to not return back to the hotel until after midnight.

Littleborough...
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

I was planning to avoid TS and head up to Central Park for the fireworks. Have been advised that there will be big screens up showing TS and the ball drop. Is there a best place to go in central park to watch. Someone mentioned 72nd street............??

Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
114,428 Reviews
New York City, NY
6. Re: Getting to our hotel near TS on NYE??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:17