We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a hotel in NYC

4 posts
Save Topic
Booking a hotel in NYC

Has anybody used Yotelio.com? I'm coming to NYC in January and came across this site during my searches. I'm curious if anyone has any experiences to share.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking a hotel in NYC

never heard of it

I would book direct with the hotel if you can

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,976 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking a hotel in NYC

Jan. is a great time for bargains. I can't imagine any reason to use a website no one has ever heard of. What do they have that's so tempting? (Vague answer like cheaper prices is not what I'm looking for.;). If you see a price you like, ask the hotel if they'll match it.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking a hotel in NYC

I only use 3 party websites to get the hotel to price match (unless for some reason the hotel won't, and it's a really good deal). So yeah, like others said, if you see a lower rate, ask the hotel to price match.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,047 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking a hotel in NYC

Well, the domain name was registered about a year ago, to someone with a very distinctive name. He was an office manager at a 4 star Times Square hotel for a year and left this summer to move to Florida. The business appears to be run out of a condo there.

The website traffic stats estimate 7 users per day. There are virtually no google hits of anyone referencing the website except for articles written by the website owner.

I'm being somewhat vague here, but anyone curious can google the info.

5. Re: Booking a hotel in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:16