We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DO US airlines have a Xmas New Year sale

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
316 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
DO US airlines have a Xmas New Year sale

I need to book flights from New York to Florida in August the flights seek to have gone up slightly. Can anyone advice do US airlines have any offers sales on at New Year. Not sure whether I should just book or wait to see if flights come down

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,057 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DO US airlines have a Xmas New Year sale

I have no idea what you are being quoted or what your destination is,so is hard to tell if it's a good deal. However, personally, Florida in August is about the last place I would rush to book 9 months ahead (unless you are perhaps going to Disney). I don't think there's any fixed time for air fare sales to occur here, although after the New Year is not a bad place to start. You could set up a permanent monitor feature on one of the websites that do that and wait a while. If I were looking to go someplace like Miami in August, I would probably be comfortable waiting at least another 6 or 7 months.

NJ
Level Contributor
852 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DO US airlines have a Xmas New Year sale

I've been watching a cross country flight for about 10 days now. It went up about $150 but is now down to the original price it started at. My SIL keeps trying to convince me it will go down after the 1st of the year but I don't know. Personally I book when the cost is something I'm willing to pay or as soon as I get confirmation we can go if it's last minute when I don't have a lot of price options.

Also try searching a site like kayak that lets you search multiple APs simultaneously because you never know whether you will get the best price from EWR, LGA or JFK.

Edited: 19 December 2013, 23:27
3. Re: DO US airlines have a Xmas New Year sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 06:18