We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Today Tix

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,083 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Today Tix

For those with smartphones, this app just came out which helps people purchase last minute tickets. I think it's legit as AP covered the story.

http://www.todaytix.com

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Today Tix

It'll be 'legit' when someone uses it and reports back that it was OK.

TARGET stores thought all their charges after Thanksgiving were legit, eh?

Just sayin'

Poppa

Cornwall UK
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Today Tix

Looks fab, thank you! I used the TKTS app last time I was in NYC but still had to queue at the booth.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,325 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Today Tix

Here's the link to the AP story courierislander.com/news/one-stop-mobile-pho…

Personally, I don't think they're a scam although I do think the company has posted some fake reviews to get the ball rolling. The app is too sophisticated for this to be a scam -- my question is whether their business and operating model is sustainable. Three more specific concerns/questions that I have are (1) you can't pick your seats, (2) how do their prices compare to the regular discount prices that are available elsewhere and (3) this whole "concierge" business -- what do you do if the concierge doesn't show up?

I may give them a shot myself this coming week and see if I can answer question #2 myself

Edited: 20 December 2013, 18:04
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
15,083 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Today Tix

The ironic thing is that not only do I not have a smartphone, the dumb phone I have has been acting up.

I just posted it to give people the option. If you read the article, it sounds like the Broadway theater community was consulted on it.

I'd be curious to know if it is legit & works well.

NYC
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Today Tix

I posted this link already in response to another post. Thought I'd post directly to you. I was original person who posted about TodayTix. All I wanted to do was to share my discovery and be helpful to others who love theater but are on a budget, or who have to wait last minute to buy a ticket. Surprised by the negative posts, for sure. I've used to see 700 Sundays, Newsies, Blue Man Group, Pippin and Sleeping Beauty already and have recommended to others who have had same great experience. I didn't know about AP story, but much to my surprise, this was on WPIX on Friday night, so wanted to share:

…pix11.com/….Urbvg6Uw1hB

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,325 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Today Tix

Thanks nycgirl and my apologies for my suspicions. We have to be very carefull of people who seem overly enthusiastic about a commercial product but have just one or two posts

NYC
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Today Tix

Thanks. I understand. But, you'll see I've been a member since 2011 and am a seasoned traveler. I only want to post when there is something really different or important to share. So, It took something like this app to get me to post! Truly appreciate your post back to me. Thank you.

Happy Holidays!

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Today Tix

It's legit! I heard about the TodayTix app on Good Morning America. I used the app in July (2014) to get Jersey Boys tickets and crossed my fingers for good seats because you don't know your exact seat location until you're delivered the tickets. After ordering, you get a confirmation with instructions where to meet the TodayTix representative 30 minutes before showtime. You show the rep (who will be wearing a TodayTix shirt) your confirmation and get the tickets--no waiting in line for tickets. I GOT 8th ROW CENTER ORCHESTRA SEATS FOR HALF PRICE! My 80 year old mother felt like Frank Vallee was serenading her! You can order tickets up to 5 days ahead (which I did) to improve your chance at better seats. There's a handling fee per ticket. I must admit, I was a little apprehensive using this app, but it turned out great. I'll definitely use it again and recommend it to others.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,325 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Today Tix

I would sure like to see some posts by people who have a real history on TA

I'd also like to see someone who compares the deal that was offered on TodayTix vs what you can get yourself just buying tickets over the phone using a des count code

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Today Tix

I did the same as you citygirl845, posting enthusiastically about TodayTix after my last trip to NYC. I simply wanted to share information that I thought might be useful to others, but my post also seemed to be met with suspicion. My review was posted less than two weeks before yours so I find the responses to your post most interesting (it'll be legit when someone actually uses it and posts a review, accusations of fake review, etc)

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7035970-…

I suppose some people just prefer to wait in long lines at the TKTS booth while tickets to their preferred show sell out before they even make it to the wicket. I prefer having my discounted tickets hand-delivered to me, leaving me more time to enjoy all that is New York!