We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Advice

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve Advice

I need some input on what to do for New Years Eve. It will be four friends mid 30s that want something not too fancy, but definitely a fun crowd. Was thinking a cool bar where we could wear jeans and dress tops. I Have heard the Stone Rose was nice place but was also thinking perhaps a harbour cruise as well?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly welcomed!!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
141 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,015 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,395 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Central Village...
Level Contributor
17,999 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve Advice

Check www.murphguide.com for list of pubs and bars - many events/venues are now fully booked...however the further away from midtown may be a plus. I would suggest checking in Greenwich Village! And your attire will be acceptable in most pubs etc....no worries.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve Advice

Most people will be dressed up but jeans and a top is fine unless you are heading to a top-tier club. You need either Midtown or Meatpacking, as the LES and the Village will be packed with college kids. Brass Monkey, Gaslight, Connoly's, Ink48, XVI, or Irish pubs by your hotel. Make sure to buy tickets in advance.

Level Contributor
2,035 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve Advice

I'm going to see Phish at Madison Square Garden on NYE. Hard to find tickets now, but you can find some on stub hub.

Cool peaceful crowd, great music, and the band always does a new years eve stunt. This is the 4th NYE in a row at MSG. Very fun night.

4. Re: New Years Eve Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor