We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

I am trying to organise tomorrow's itinerary...we need to be at Barrow Street Theater..on you guessed it, Barrow Street in Greenwich Village tomorrow night for 7.30...

And I am too tired from looking at art and too full of food from a fabulous dinner at the Met Museum's Member's Dining Room to work out some options....Ziggy we even took photos of the 5 courses for you...

I can see from Google Maps there's lots of places nearby...but we're eating big at lunch (Katz's) and don't want an over full stomach at the theater...so any suggestions for somewhere with light snacky dishes (with a glass of wine) from about 5.30 - 6.00 near the theater....

Thanks in advance....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

You're near a whole bunch of good stuff down there. Sushi Samba is good for something light. You could go to The Little Owl and share something, or just have appetizers. Tartine is a super cute neighborhood spot if you want a couple of appetizers - French bistro food.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,806 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

Another vote for Little Owl but it may be touch to get a table there, specially on such short notice. Or any of the Blue Ribbon Restaurants in the Village, or maybe Estella which is getting quite a buzz from this list:

grubstreet.com/2013/12/grub-street-restauran…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,209 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

I ate a little place called Panca, Peruvian, when I went to that show. They have great ceviche, nice drinks and good food in general. It's across from the theater.

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/panca/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

thanks for the suggestions ...lots of great ideas.

Last year when we were in that area it was 0 degrees celcius (32 F) and we headed back to the hotel at about 5pm....it will be great to stay in the area and explore for longer given how warm it's going to be tomorrow.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

If you thinking something small and quick you can also consider Keste, Las Ramblas (tapas), or Tertulia (more tapas)

Mentioned in this post
Keste
Keste
20 Reviews
New York City, NY
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

Oh that's it...cancelling the visit to Katz's.....not going to the Tenement Museum or the Eldridge Street Synagogue...not watching people in Sara D Roosevelt Park or Washington Square...just eating between the Nostalgia train and the theater.....

and because of Dash_R's 'keenness' for coffee I finally remembered to look up how to ask for a 'flat white' and also to look up the recommended coffee shops some of us have been 'chatting' about on the Forum this year....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
557 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

Anfora is a great wine bar with some small plates too, on 8th ave.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
16,397 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

Another vote for Sushi Samba although it's a bit cold & rainy to do what I did last time which was to sit outside & people watch.

9. Re: suggestions for a bite to eat - Barrow St theater Sun eve...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:16