We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston st

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Houston st

How is Houston St area near East Village/LES?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston st

in what sense?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houston st

It's a fun part of the city, near lots of great dining, drinking and shopping.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houston st

Houston St. runs east to west with Alphabet City, the East Village and the West Village to the north, and LES, Nolita and Soho to the south. As Kateoz said, lots of stuff to do in that area. Just make sure you pronounce it "How-ston" and not like Houston, TX!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houston st

**How is Houston St area near East Village/LES?**

Not good for holiday/vacation apartment rentals.....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houston st

I was thinking the same as you, Ter .....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,973 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houston st

But there is a hotel there, the East Houston which is fine.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d1007724…

As ter says, apt. rentals for less than 30 days are likely illegal.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,341 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Houston st

Am "confused" as you post your location as New York City, which should indicate you live here. If so, why. Are you asking? What am I missing here?

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Houston st

WEqueen: Very observant. It appears Emily joined today; and her other post is: "Is it safe for female by herself to ride a bus or subway before sunrise?"

Emily: Normally our comments are addressed to the question or issue, or comments pertinent to the comments of others. Your question is a little different. Please excuse the following comment to you, which is windy by any standard world-wide.

First, please don't feel the Forum contributors are or will be hostile to you or your questions, or that your questions are not very reasonable--they are.

We are also a world-wide community brought together by our interest and curiosity in travel, exploring the world, and with a priority on hospitality supported by our extraordinary individual and collective level of experience and good will. Without being too fancy, it is fair to say the Forum has also become a remarkable instrument of private diplomacy, in which everyone can feel credit, contribute, and (occasionally) even make mistakes.

Within a general context of anonymity--which promotes candid personal exchange which might otherwise not be made to strangers--we are interested in each other and the questions, issues and dilemmas that each person faces as we each enter our own Great Wide Open.

With regard to your identifier one thing that unites us, obviously, is we all come from somewhere. That bit of information is a nuance which sometimes guides the rest of us to an answer most responsive to you and your question.

If you thought the identifier was to state your destination, that oversight is understandable. Now that it is clarified, I hope you will continue to ask and contribute--and now, with more complete information. we would be interested in where you make your home--and consider you next comment or question. Thank you. Merry Christmas, and happy holidays.

Edited: 24 December 2013, 15:18
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,341 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Houston st

To simplify the previous post and to the OP, inorder to get better responses to your questions, you have to provide more information. It helps to state where you are from as it enables the "volunteers" who reply in these Forums to formulate answers to suit your questions. A wide encompassing "blanket" question will get the same vague reply. Help us to help you, it is a "two way street"..

Merry Christmas!

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Houston st

Emily: For myself, I notice my own identifier listing is incorrect--wow. Now with your help, I will correct the mistake. It is, and will read, "Washington, DC area." Thanks for helping me identify and point out my mistake, one of those I mentioned, to myself.