We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
"Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

Hi, a little earlier in the year,I was asking how to stay in New York then cruise back too the UK,

please can you help,we don't want to cruise now.If possible we want to go to New York,then fly too New Orleans,and then two other places?,then come back to New York,one or two nights then fly back too the UK,14 days at a push,18 days. "I hope you can help,I'm a real newbe on this one!.

Thank you.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
805 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

IMHO 4 places in 2 weeks is too much.

I would just stay in NYC and NOLA. There is plenty in both places to keep you occupied for 2 weeks.

I have booked a flight with Southwest Airlines direct from NOLA to NYC for $99.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

You want an open jaw ticket, arriving from the U.K. into New York, and then returning to London from your last U.S. stop. There's really no need to return to New York for your return flight. As you've seen in the previous post you can get relatively inexpensive one way flights to most major places in the U.S. You should, however, compare the prices for this to a "multi-city ticket," U.K. to New York, New York to another city such as New Orlenas, and then return from New Orleans.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 12:05
united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

Thanks for your quick replies!.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,879 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

When are you doing this trip? That affects recommendations.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,753 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

Also note New Orleans doesn't have any direct flights to/from the UK, so if that ends up being your last stop you'd need to connect somewhere to get home.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

Post #4 asks a good question.....the weather in NOLA late September and NYC late September are ideal, IMO..........if this is a consideration for you.............

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,753 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

I just saw the other thread the OP referenced...this trip is apparently in the planning stages for April of 2016 !!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,879 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

There are some big events in NOLA in April, so you will want to pick your dates carefully.

I'd suggest NYC, fly to NOLA for about 3 nights, then to Miami for a few nights. Fly home from Miami.

Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

Hi just in relation to the 2nd reply where do you get a jaw ticket from as I have never heard of them before as I was planning something similar

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
10,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Hi everyone,need help,New york,New orleans,and others?."

All airlines have them. Just mention an "open jaw" ticket. If you're doing this online choose the multi-city option, with an arriving flight into one city and a departing flight from another.

The basic rule is that the distance across the "jaw" needs to be shorter than either of the two flight legs. That should pretty much always be true for trans-Atlantic flights.

You can confirm you're actually getting this fare by trying round trips to each of the two cities. The open jaw fare should be the average of the two.