We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Knicks games

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Tickets for Knicks games

Going to NYC on the 5th of jan to 11th, just looking now on stubhub to get tickets for knicks/brooklyn nets, thinking of getting pistons vs knicks game on the 7th but just wondering if it's best waiting to really last minute to get cheapest as possible? on a really tight budget and noticed there are lots of tickets available so surely the prices will decrease? also if theres other sites or ways to get tickets i dont know about? thanks for any help

Edited: 30 December 2013, 21:35
Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

Have you tried the actual NBA Tickets website, rather than StubHub? My experience with Stubhub is that they cost more, because they are really good seats that someone happens to not be able to use.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

Not necessarily cheaper via the NBA site, I bought my tickets from Stubhub which were $62.30 opposed to around $90 via ticketmaster.

Although in answer to the original poster I'm not really sure how much the prices will come down, in the area I bought the prices have stayed the same or increased very slightly.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

**just wondering if it's best waiting to really last minute to get cheapest as possible? on a really tight budget and noticed there are lots of tickets available so surely the prices will decrease?**

Tickets won't necessarily come down in price. Knicks tickets areaways "pricey". Have you considered a Brooklyn Nets game @ the Barclays Center?

Edited: 01 January 2014, 21:26
New York
Level Contributor
921 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

St John's vs Villanova on the 11th at the garden at 1 pm. $87.50 for section 210. Great seats is an option

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

You can also see the Nets vs Golden State on the 8th for under $30/ticket....

ny
Level Contributor
288 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

Definitely wait.The garden is so much fun but the knicks are terrible this year.

All good seats are generally held by season ticket holders so you can probably get great seats cheap on stubhub.Miami heat is playing the knicks on 1/9 .

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
7,359 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

I'd vote for the Nets, myself, as a Brooklyn native. The Barclays Center is brand new; it's a couple of subway stops beyond Wall Street; Atlantic Avenue on the 2,3,4,5,B,D,N,Q,R trains; also Lafayette Avenue on the C train. The fans may be a tad more boisterous. The Nets are at least as good this year as the Knicks. And it's a team that just moved to Brooklyn a couple of years ago, with lots of anticipation since the last time Brooklyn had a major-league team was 1957 with the Brooklyn Dodgers. How many subdivisions of a city have their own team?? Then again Brooklyn has almost as many people as Chicago!

8. Re: Tickets for Knicks games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:18