We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol

Have an apartment booked and would rather have a few beers there at night time, maybe a spirit mixer or two.

What kinda money am i looking at paying for beer or spirits in a liquor store in the big apple?

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
18,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol

The majority of vacation apartment rentals are illegal.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol

illegal to drink alcohol in your holiday rental? you can not be serious,..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol

Illegal to rent apartments for less than 30 days

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,531 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol

No holiday apartments are generally illegal in NYC.

Check out tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

If you have rented a place in NYC you could be in for a messy trip. Let the locals help you find a legal place to stay and save you a ton of hassle.

Mentioned in this post
Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol

no im booked into a one bed apartment in the Residence Inn by Marriott east Midtown, i just called that an apartment.. sorry for the confusion. Any help with my original question would be great thanks.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,847 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol

Many of the "holiday apartments" here are actually scams. The ones which aren't scams are generally illegal and prone to get shut down by the city in periodic sweeps. The city government is at war with AirBNB. Do you want to be collateral damage?

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol

What i am booked into is a hotel, its just a one bedroom with a kitchenette, i just called this an apartment. apologies for the confusion.. Actually any info on this hotel would be great too... Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East.

Mentioned in this post
Residence Inn By Marriott New York The Bronx at Metro Center Atrium
Residence Inn By...
391 Reviews
Bronx, NY
Stamford...
Level Contributor
845 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol

What do you drink? It's hard to tell you about prices, because they vary a lot depending what you're buying.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcohol

any kind of larger, miller, bud that kinda stuff.. and Jack Daniels or Jim Beam... Which i could get in the airport i suppose.. Im Kind of paranoid about the above posts now should i cancel what i booked???

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcohol

No. You are staying at a hotel, not a vacation rental apartment. No worries. It's fine.