We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

Margate, Kent
Level Contributor
37 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

Hi, i'm visiting NYC on Wednesday and my sons have asked me to bring back some Xbox accessories (some little gadgets that attach to their xbox controllers). Can anyone recommend anywhere (we are staying E50th Street Midtown East - but will be travelling around Manhattan) they sell Game console accessories?

thank you :)

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

Best Buy has several stores in NYC....

Same with Radio Shack

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

Ter1413's suggestions are good (I'm no expert but I'd expect Best Buy to have much better selection than Radio Shack). Here are some more possibilities (based more on general knowledge rather than actual experience):

Microsoft Store -- Columbus Circle (in the Time Warner Center)

Gamestop -- nearest location to you is probably 30 Rockefeller Plaza, Concourse Level (I think that's the same level as the ice rink); several other locations in Manhattan.

Toys R Us - 2 locations: Times Square and Manhattan Mall

Also consider B&H (9th Ave. @ 34th Street) and J&R (1 Park Row, across from City Hall Park). Based on their websites, it looks like B&H has more offerings in this category, but you'll have to check and see who has the item(s) you're looking for.

Margate, Kent
Level Contributor
37 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

thank you, I will definitely try those. I'm mainly looking for a thing called "Kontrol Freek" which extend the control thumb controls. Does anyone happen to know if these are available? I've just looked at best buys on line and it takes me to a different website and its not easy to find. Any ideas would be gratefully received. thank you so much :)

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

They are showing it on gamestop.com. Go on the website and see it yourself, then find address and phone no. of a store near you and call and ask if they have it in stock. They have many stores in Manhattan.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1199128

7. Re: where can i buy xbox accessories in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:15