We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Eloping to NYC!

Hi everyone!

Well we are newbies here to the forum...

We have decided to travel to New York in August 2014 for ten days and marry while we are there.

I think we have pretty much settled on marrying in Cop Cot in Central Park.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where two newlyweds can go for the evening? We are planning on getting married on a Friday. We would like to go somewhere that feels a bit special for dinner and if there was music so maybe we could make some memories of a first dance together that would be nice too?

Any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated!!

Many thanks

:)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eloping to NYC!

Look at The River Cafe or the NY Bateaux cruise.

http://www.rivercafe.com/

http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/

On all the how-tos for getting married, read the "I'm Getting Married in NYC" Top Question to the right of the forum.

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eloping to NYC!

Thanks kateoz

We looked at the rivercruise and at their pictures online. It looks a bit cramped in the pictures? Has anyone had any experience of the NY Bateaux cruise?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eloping to NYC!

You may wish to read reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d52…

One party mentions using it as a reception after getting married at Cop Cot.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 16:40
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,747 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eloping to NYC!

Yes, I was on a lunch cruise on Bateaux amd there was a wedding party in the front of the boat. The dance floors are not large, if that's what you're asking. There aren't many places that can legally offer dinner and dancing together in NYC which is why the cruises are some of the few options for dancing. Swing 46 is a restaurant that has a big band and swing dancing.

Donegal Town...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eloping to NYC!

Thanks for the info nywhiz! :)

Yes I meant it looked like not such a big space for dancing and in the photos it seemed like the tables were really really close together?? Will check out your suggestion of swing 46, cheers!

6. Re: Eloping to NYC!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:18