We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merry Tours???? Is this company legit?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Merry Tours???? Is this company legit?

We have been looking at a 5 day tour that starts in NY (city tour) moves on to Washington, Philladelphia, Niagra Falls and Boston but can't find anything much about this company on the net. Anyone travelled with them?

Seems like they are an Asian company doing promotions in Australia .... but thats all I know.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 23:13
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,036 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Merry Tours???? Is this company legit?

I don't know anything about this particular tour company (and google doesn't know much about them either), but that's really not the way to explore the area. It's also way too many destinations in too short a time. You can't experience cities from a bus (and can't really see much either), and you definitely need more than one day in each city.

Public transit is good between NYC, DC, PHL and BOS. It's also good within each of the cities. Most people travel independently. The forum can help with planning.

These whirlwind bus tours tend to cater to non-English speaking tourists, and many especially cater to Chinese tourists.

Niagara Falls is a VERY long drive. It's better to fly rather than spend an entire day on a bus. Flights are affordable (to BUF airport)

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merry Tours???? Is this company legit?

Am I reading this right? You want to go to 5 cities in 5 days? I started to write "you want to 'see' " 5 cities in 5 days - then realized you won't 'see' these cities.

I hope I misread and this tour isn't only 5 days. Even then it sounds like way too much.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Merry Tours???? Is this company legit?

Thanks!

Advertised tour: https:/…USEastCoastTour.shtml

We just wanted a quick taste of the area before we flew back home (already been away for a month by then and as we had never travelled to this area before thought it could be a sampler. It is on our bucket list to do properly at some stage).....but yeah, 6 day/5 night tour of all those cities - crazy!! Hadn't thought of it that way before.

It sounded like such a good deal :) Obviously one of those "it if sounds too good to be true...." deals.

Appreciate your quick comments - if we do finish with a quick trip on the east coast, we won't be doing anything like that!!

Edited: 10 January 2014, 00:14
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Merry Tours???? Is this company legit?

<<if we do finish with a quick trip on the east coast, we won't be doing anything like that!!>>

Thank goodness ! I just had a look at the day in NYC .... how can that even been possible? Other than just marching by and/or driving by those sites because I can't see how you can visit all of them:)

5. Re: Merry Tours???? Is this company legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:19