We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things I am looking forward to

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Things I am looking forward to

1. Australian football. Go Cats!

2. Fish and chips, mince pies at Christmas, Cadbury chocolate...

3. My family and friends (obvs).

4. "Vacant" or "Engaged" signs on public toilet stalls. WHY oh WHY are there gaps between stalls in the States, and why do we have to push a door to know if it's occupied?

5. Good coffee. (Surely you saw that coming.)

6. Work/life balance (with any luck, it still exists...)

I could have posted a thread about things I will miss, but as Whiz recently pointed out, my posts are becoming wistful. I will just remember a fabulous 6.5 years in New York City. Many people can only dream of what I have done, but I made it happen. I lived it. And it was not only everything you think it could be - it was more.

Less than a month to go, but I will *always* love this city.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Central Village...
Level Contributor
17,926 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Things I am looking forward to

Kate - your insight will be sorely missed by me and I'm sure your other 'colleagues' on the NYC Forum.

I was very honored to meet you on that rainy night in Brooklyn - just remembering those who were there and no longet posting, Lotuspath, Mel, Chipper Tex (although I think he uses a pseudonym) Bettina and others.

Remember, the internet is worldwide and hopefully you'll share some of your knowledge when you get back home.

My pleasure to have known you!

Poppa

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things I am looking forward to

I remember that rainy night too, Poppa! Kateoz, it was nice meeting you as well, and I can't believe you're really leaving NYC. I honestly think of you as a native!

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things I am looking forward to

I will miss reading your posts Kate. I hope everything goes well with your move back to Australia.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things I am looking forward to

It will be bittersweet for you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
453 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things I am looking forward to

I can just imagine how hard it will be to say goodbye to New York, it was hard for me to say goodbye only after 7 nights! Enjoy & live it up with what short time you have left. I'm sure your family & friends are most excited for your return.

And now that you've mention Cadbury Chocolate & Mince Pies it's reminded me that for some reason whenever I travel I crave vegemite on toast so much! I don't eat it all the time but whenever I return the first thing I do is make vegemite on toast & a cup of coffee !

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
434 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Things I am looking forward to

Zuzi, whenever I go to visit my daughter in NYC I have to take ridiculous amounts of vegemite, saos, tim tams, aspro clear and eucalyptus drops (the ones with the koalas on them because nothing else tastes the same apparently). Small tastes of home.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things I am looking forward to

Wait ..are you leaving NYC......Wish you all the best.....hope to hear from you from the other side....!!!

NYC will *always* be a special city :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things I am looking forward to

GeorgieBennett - what is that they have aspro but not aspro clear....golly gosh!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
8,155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things I am looking forward to

Jenny ...could you please translate aspro and apsro clear in English :P ???

---Wait i got it .....it refers to aspirin !!!

Edited: 10 January 2014, 03:59
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things I am looking forward to

Sorry idrinkwater. We have this fantastic product in Oz called 'aspro clear'...aspirin tablets you dissolve in a glass of water...great for gargling with when you have a sore throat and they take the edge of a low fever. The pharmacist we visited to get stuff for ToH said that Australians ask for it all the time.