We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

Alice Adventures in Wonderland was far and away my favourite book when I was little. After reading another thread about the best place to go for afternoon tea I stumbled across Alice's Tea Cup.

So a visit to Alice's Tea Cup is definitely on our agenda for next month. On checking their website it seems that they have three locations. Which one would be the best/nicest to visit?

Also I'll probably want to buy a few things from the gift shop, do all of the locations have a gift shop? If so are all the gift shops equal?

Also would we be better to visit on a weekday; Thurs(02/13)/Fri(02/14), rather than Sat(02/15)/Sun(02/16), will it be less crowded in the week? I'm ideally hoping to avoid crowds of children, I know that Alice's Tea Cup will appeal to children so we can't avoid them altogether, but ideally I'd prefer it if there were not quite so many children there!

Many Thanks

europe-chick

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,098 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

You can't avoid children at ATC. You just need to give into that. But weekday lunchtime will have less children, obviously, as they will be in school. ATC is HUGE for family weekend brunches, it's the big treat my dad gets my daughter to come to lunch with Grandpa for.

The one on E 64th is the most spacious, but I think the one on W 73rd has the biggest gift shoppe.

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

We went to Chapter one on a week day, no children when we were there and it is near to the entrance to Central Park that is close to the Imagine Monument, also if you walk across the park look out for the Alice in Wonderland Statue.

centralpark.com/guide/attractions/alice-in-w…

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

Thanks for the replies, I figured weekdays would be our best bet. Thurs or Fri it is then. Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

The one I always go to is the one on the Upper West Side, on West 73rd Street near Columbus Avenue. You may wait for a table even on a weekday, but it will be way less crazy than on the weekend. Even on weekdays it's popular with mothers and their infants/toddlers/preschoolers, so expect a fair number of very little children. If there is a wait for tables, they take your mobile number, so you can leave Alice's and browse some of the nearby shops...my favorite is Jonathan Adler. :)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
828 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

I love Alice's Tea Cup. We have gone to the one on E. 81st the past 2 summers. The food is very good. This one's gift shop is not big at all but the scones, sandwiches and desserts make up for it. They will even give you extra scones to take home. I think we did the Jaberwocky which was $100 but with 3 people it was only $33 each plus tax and tip. Two years ago we were the only ones in there when Katie Holmes, her daughter Suri and friends came in along with two huge bodyguards. That was when she was all over the news with her divorce. We got a real kick out of seeing them AND acted as goofy as the paparrazzi when we got out of there. Such fun for us. Also, make reservations. We didn't wait either time at all.

6. Re: Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 09:35
7. Re: Alice's Tea Cup. Which location to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:17