We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advice

Please give advice on hotel or B&B. Arriving 10/14/14 -10/22/14 NY. Couple 50 yoa. Budget minded < $200 per nght. Want B-fst included or a fridge in rm. In the city or...very close to sub station outside city w/ view of city or real neighborhood experience. Wouldn't mind hotel w/ character rather than chain but open to any. Thanx

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice

Have you seen anything you like so far? Have a look on Tripadvisor reviews at hotels and B&B's and look at a couple of travel sites for options in your price range and then post what you like but is out of your price.

Have you been to NYC before? Which neighbourhoods are you interested in staying in?

The Verve Hotel is in budget in Long Island City but I don't think I would say you get a neighbourhood experience there but its a decent hotel with free breakfast near Manhattan.

Chelsea Pines Inn may better meet your requirements but is out of your budget @$259 + Tax. If your budget is flexible then I would look in to that one further as it gets very good reviews. Its ranked no 2 at the moment on NYC hotels.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,757 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice

Your budget is low for Manhattan in October. You could stay in Long Island City, which is a neighborhood in Queens. It's a quick subway ride into Manhattan, and a popular choice for budget-minded travelers. Two hotels within budget that are convenient to the subway would be Country Inn and Suites and the Verve. The Verve is nicer, but country includes a refrig and microwave. Both provide breakfast.

It's early to be booking. I'd suggest booking something that can be canceled without a fee, then keeping an eye on updated listings and prices a few months prior to travel.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,913 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advice

At that time of year, under $200/night might be difficult in Manhattan. The Canal Park Inn in Tribeca has one suite (the Kennedy) that's $190/night plus tax and they do include breakfast. With tax it will be just over $200 though.

http://www.thecanalparkinn.com/rooms.asp

Otherwise, I think you might have to look outside Manhattan unless you're willing to try your hand at bidding on Pricline....but that won't guarantee an included breakfast.

The Verve and Vetiver in Long Island City will work if you're using JFK or LGA airport.

4. Re: Hotel advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:18