We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bit of advice on entry to main attractions

Rhyl
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bit of advice on entry to main attractions

After a bit of advice on cost of getting in to the main places and wondering what cheapest way is to do the following attractions

We are looking at going to Top Of The Rock (would like to visit in day and go back again at night), Empire State Building (again go in day and then go back at night)

I

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bit of advice on entry to main attractions

I would suggest you google the time for sunset in new York when you are there and go there before dark and stay till it gets dark. That's what we did at Top of the Rock. You can save at TOTR by pre-booking online but you may also get a discount voucher from your hotel concierge if you ask. Pre-booking online saves a bit of time too but the downside is if the weather is ad and you don't want to go that day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bit of advice on entry to main attractions

For ToR get the Sunrise/Sunset pass (I think that's what it was called). It allows you to go once during the day, and again after nightfall. Rockefeller is a great one because in between the two trips, there is shopping, restaurants, and tours right in the building!

I haven't done ESB.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bit of advice on entry to main attractions

topoftherocknyc.com/special-offers/… $40 for the sun& Stars pass

Or you can do as I suggest for $27. It's up to you. ESB has longer queues so I can't imagine you would want to queue twice in one day.

ESB is $27 for the main deck but $44 for top deck. There are express options to let you queue jump but that's extra. I don't see any similar tickets to the sun and stars at TOTR.

http://www.esbnyc.com/buy_tickets.asp

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bit of advice on entry to main attractions

If you are after prices for attractions the best and most reliable source is the website for each attraction.

5. Re: Bit of advice on entry to main attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:17