We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking costs port authority 42 st

Pompton Plains, New...
1 post
Save Topic
parking costs port authority 42 st

What is the cost to park at the Port Authority 42nd st for a car

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,913 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking costs port authority 42 st

panynj.gov/bus-terminals/pabt-services.html

Look on

Bestparking.com

In the west 40's to compare otherr options nearby.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,299 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking costs port authority 42 st

On 43rd between 10/11 there are a couple that charge $17. +10 for SUV. If you have SUV I would look at ICON garages

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,241 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking costs port authority 42 st

Choose bestparking.com garages that have a green icon. Those are guaranteed rates. Print out the coupon and bring it with you. When you're checking out of the garage provide the coupon. You will have to charge the parking to a credit card to get the lower rate.

I've never had anyone question the lower rates. The garage doesn't even know you intend to pay this way until you're ready to leave.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking costs port authority 42 st

The benefit of parking at Port Authority is avoiding rush hour or holiday traffic in and out of the city. The premium is worth the cost during these times.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking costs port authority 42 st

No one can predict any particular day's traffic in advance. But I personally have found that traffic is worse at the Lincoln Tunnel than it is at the George Washington Bridge. So if I lived in Pompton Plains and wanted to go to a Broadway show (to make up a destination, since none was stated in the OP), I would be inclined to use the GWB and park away from the Lincoln Tunnel, using BestParking. A particular reason to use a site like BestParking is that parking rates vary greatly on Wednesdays and on weekends.

Of course this strategy is unpredictable. There are late-night construction closings at the GWB that are not well announced, and there can be annoying flooding on the West Side Highway. Construction on the LT "helix" in NJ is a little more researchable.

6. Re: parking costs port authority 42 st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:18