We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC hotels with wifi & pool

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
NYC hotels with wifi & pool

I'm planning a trip to NY in July 2014 and would like to know if anyone can suggest any 3+ star hotels in Manhattan that have a swimming pool and free wifi. So far I've found the Empire Hotel and The James meet these requirements but they're a bit pricey. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

Swimming pools at hotels in New York City are few and far between. Why? It's a matter of real estate. For a place to have a pool, the pool either has to be on top of the building (which is expensive to do, so usually only expensive hotels have them) or at ground level (which means the hotel would have to be outside Manhattan, and in a less-desirable area for tourists). I found this list. tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60763-zfa3-New_York_…

You can also look here.

hotels.com/de1506246-am128/…

And here.

travelocity.com/hotel-d8613-new-york-new-yor…

In your mind what would be the right price for a room (in American dollars)? Also, is a pool necessary (for instance, you're training for a swim meet)? Or are you willing to just buy day passes at local gyms? If so, that can be arranged through the desk clerk wherever you choose to stay.

Freuchie, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

Hilton Millenium adjacent to 9/11 memorial has a decent pool on the 5th floor.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,272 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

Exactly what are you planning to do in the pool? If you want to swim laps, I can tell you the Empire (and quite likely the other hotel you mention ) are not for you. I believe the pool at the Empire, which was added during the recent renovation, is one of those rooftop barside plunge pools that are popular in NYC right now. If you just want to dip your toes in the pool while you have a drink, that may be the place for you. But I can't imagine swimming laps there.

If you actually want to swim laps, you should look at a hotel like the hotel formerly known as the UN Plaza at First Av. & E 44th St., which does/did have an indoor swimming pool and health club at the top. I don't know about WiFi there.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

The best outdoor hotel pool in NYC is at the Holiday Inn Midtown on west 57th st. It's an old hotel but has been updated a bit and rooms are a good size. I believe they have free wifi but doublecheck that.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

PS, nicer than that is the Parker Meridien with a good sized indoor rooftop pool, also a good option if it works for your budget. Both of these are centrally located and a better location than ONE UN, formerly the UN Plaza which does have a nice pool too.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

The Sktline Hotel is another option with a pool - more of a budget option than those already mentioned.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

Thanks for your replies, that gives me lots to work with. I want the pool to do some laps but also just to splash around in and cool off as I've read that July is the hottest time of year to visit NY. Not that that bothers me, as I'm from Australia so can handle a bit of heat and humidity.

8. Re: NYC hotels with wifi & pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:19