We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in NYC which of these hotels would you recommend ?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st time in NYC which of these hotels would you recommend ?

Hi

This will be our 1st visit to NYC so haven't a clue which hotel to choose .

I have narrowed it down to these 3 hotels what would you recommend ?

Crowne plaza Times Square , Hilton Times Square and Holiday Inn express Maddison square gardens .

The Three of us are arriving at JFK airport for 4 nights in December and would like to fit in as much sight seeing and shopping as possible.

I was also thinking of doing a full day sight seeing coach trip , would you recommend this if so what company ?

Many thanks for your input

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in NYC which of these hotels would you recommend ?

Did you already discard the other two you'd narrowed it down too. You should keep this to one thread and you'll get more concise help.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7117248…

Edited: 15 January 2014, 20:15
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in NYC which of these hotels would you recommend ?

Hi Scott

Yes I did I wasn't sure to add to my original post or start another , this is all new to me so sorry for the confusion !

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in NYC which of these hotels would you recommend ?

If you haven't already done so check out the reviews on here . I tend to draw up a short list and put the pluses and negatives down as well as price and distance from the area I am likely to want to spend more time in. I note things like breakfast included, free wifi, TA rating, proximity to subway (important if weather is bad).

A lot of people like to stay near Times Square on their first trip but there is no best area to stay in as long as you are near the subway. On previous shopping trips I have located close to Macy's but as long as you are happy with the reviews and price any of the three will be fine.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,269 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in NYC which of these hotels would you recommend ?

Lassie has given you excellent advice. In the same spirit, depending when in December you come, there is a sharp disparity in rates among your 3 possibilities, as is the level of amenities in each property throughout the year..

5. Re: 1st time in NYC which of these hotels would you recommend ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:19